Wednesday, March 16, 2011

IMPACT.

IMPACT.

It's something every person on this planet has. But sadly, something not every person uses. It's almost like a sort of superpower--you can decide to use it for good, for bad, or you can just ignore it. Walk away. Toss it out, like an unwanted gift.

But really, it's not something that can be thrown out. Ignored, maybe, overlooked, sure. But whether or not you realize it, it's something that will be intertwined with you for the rest of your life, and beyond. It's permanent.

Your Impact is your story. Your choices, your values, the way you live your life. Each action, each word, each thought that enters your head has some sort of effect on you--and others. It's not a difficult concept to grasp--every single day, we see the Impact of others' choices. We can see how their pasts, experiences, their opinions and beliefs shape who they are and how they behave. And we can see how their behavior in turn influences everyone around them--for better or for worse.

Sometimes I wonder what my life (and others') would be like if I could rewind time and do-over all of my mistakes. How would things be different? Would they be better? I really don't know. 

What I do know, because of my mistakes, is that now I am a stronger person. Now I have a new awareness of the Impact I have on others. Now, I can say no to temptation. I'm not perfect, but I can stay strong, I can love others, I can reach out. I'm alive.

I wish more people would realize their potential to Impact. I wish more people would understand how much their stories and choices matter--not just to them, but to everyone around them.

Don't forget your Impact, my friends.


† Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment